Saturday, March 10, 2007

Disney's New Black Princess Movie Coming 2009 - Finally a Princess for Our Princesses!





Hi All,
Sorry I have been out of touch for so long.
I have been hard at work making the vision a reality for Being Family Magazine.

I happened upon this news if you haven't heard and wanted to share it.

As a Mom of a Black Princess, a New Orleans native whom was once a Black Princess and now a Black goddess, I am ecstatic abut the possibility of this film.

I am getting on the contacts today to get Being Family Magazine a connection with this film to come in 2009.

Here are the details released thus far!

The Frog Princess will introduce the newest Disney princess, Maddy, a young African- American girl living amid the charming elegance and grandeur of the fabled French Quarter. From the heart of Louisiana's mystical bayous and the banks of the mighty Mississippi comes an unforgettable tale of love, enchantment and discovery with a soulful singing crocodile, voodoo spells and Cajun charm at every turn.

They've come up with an original story that is deeply rooted in the fairy tale tradition, and it's filled with great humor, emotion, and musical moments.

Talk to you soon. I promise to update the blog with regular posts.
Let me know if there's something out there you want to see covered in the pages of the magazine!

Rochelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I must say it is about time. I will be keeping an eye out for it's release. Is this the beginning of and on going thing or will Princess Maddy be the only princess of her kind (like Mulan & Pocahontas)? All in all...I'm still pleased that the princess is an African American and that Disney's motive for doing so at this time is for those of Louisiana. It will hopefully give the little princesses of New Orleans inspiration to be the princess that is inside of them. Wonder what the Prince in the movie looks like :-)???